April 13, 2019 | 9am – 4pm EST
Held in conjunction with Pioneer Day at the Fort Mitchell Historic Site
561 AL HWY 165, Fort Mitchell, AL 36856
QUILT CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All exhibitors are required to read and abide by the Pioneer Day Quilt Show Rules and Regulations. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES. If you have questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are three categories – Vintage/Antique Quilts, Patriotic Quilts, and New Quilts. New quilts must have been completed by the exhibitor in the last five years and have not been entered in this show before. Vintage/Antique quilts must be at least approximately 50 years old. Patriotic quilts can be any age.
- Each quilt must consist of three components: top, batting, and backing; held together with stitching and binding. Please credit the traditional pattern, commercial pattern or book and author from which you took inspiration or from which your quilt is made.
- There is not an entry fee, however, donations to the Russell County Historical Commission are appreciated. Checks may be mailed to Russell County Historical Commission, P.O. Box 3411, Phenix City, AL 36868
- A maximum of 3 quilt may be entered in each size division as long as each is a different pattern.
- All quilts must be complete and clean. New quilts should show no damage.
- Quilts completed by more than one person are acceptable. Please include the exhibitor and the name of the group or other individuals on the entry form.
- A label with the name of the quilt, name of the maker, city and state in which the quilt was made, and date the quilt was made must be attached to the back of the quilt – preferably on the bottom right when looking at the back of the quilt. (A paper label, securely safety pinned to the quilt is acceptable on vintage/antique quilts and patriotic quilts.)
- In order to be hung – new quilts should have a 4 inch sleeve attached to the top back of the quilt. It is not necessary to attach a 4 inch sleeve to your vintage/antique quilt.
- Each quilt entry must be submitted in a cloth bag that can tie or be secured, such as a pillowcase. The exhibitors name, phone number, quilt name, and name of the drop off point should be clearly marked on the bag. Entries in plastic bags will not be accepted. In addition to the quilt there should be an entry form and a photo of the quilt in the bag.
DROP OFF LOCATIONS
Quilts may be dropped off at any of the following guilds during the meetings indicated:
- Gala Quilt Guild, Phenix City, AL – at the March regular meeting
- Cotton Boll Quilt Guild, Auburn, AL – at the March regular meeting
Quilts may also be dropped off at the following locations, during regular business hours, from March 19-30, 2019.
- Naomi Elliot, Revenue Commissioner (Property Tax Office), 1000 Broad Street, Phenix City, AL 36867, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST, Monday through Friday
- Sew Much Fun, Columbus, GA, 706-317-0024 http://sewmuchfunincolumbus.com
- Stitch Therapy, Auburn, AL 334-821-7781 www.stitchtherapyauburn.com
- Sunday Best Quiltworks, Ellerslie, GA 706-569-7744 http://sundaybestquiltworks.com
Quilts dropped off at guilds will be returned at the regular May meeting. Quilts will be returned to the other drop off points by April 17, 2019. All quilts should be picked up by April 24, 2019.
- Vintage/Antique – any size
- Patriotic – any size
- New Small Quilts – perimeter 144” or less
- New Medium Quilts – perimeter greater than 144” and no more than 280”
- New Large Quilts –perimeter greater than 280”
For each size division for new quilts there will be first ($75), second ($50), and third ($25) place award winners. Honorable mentions will be awarded ribbons. A viewer’s choice ribbon will be awarded for each of the three categories – Vintage/Antique quilts, New quilts, and Patriotic quilts.
STATEMENT OF LIABILITY
All exhibits will be under the direction of the Pioneer Day Quilt Committee (the “Show Committee”) of the Russell County Historical Commission. The Russell County Historical Commission (including its members, volunteers and their families), Fort Mitchell Historic Site, the Show Committee, event sponsors, vendors, and any of their associates (collectively the “Released Parties”) will in no case be responsible for any loss, theft or damage that may occur to an entry. Each exhibitor will be solely responsible for any consequential or other loss, injury or damage done to, or occasioned by, or arising from any article exhibited by him/her (or his/her minor child or children) and shall release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all claims and/or legal proceedings arising out of or relating to (i) the theft, loss or damage of any entry, and (ii) any and all loss, damage or injury to any other person or property caused by the entrant and/or the entrant’s minor child. The Released Parties will be entitled to rely on this in accepting each and every entry in the by an entrant or a by minor.