The Visitors Center
Upon entrance to Fort Mitchell, check in at the Visitors Center. The Visitors Center houses the museum, theater, and a “walk through time” where lifelike displays depict historical scenes and events of this area and time period. There are artifacts including arrowheads, tools, guns, pottery, and household items. In the theater a film presentation is shown describing events and history that actually happened in the periods between 1813 and 1860.
The Carriage House
There are 23 vehicles in the park. Most are located in the Carriage House which contains an assortment of carriages, carts, wagons, and surreys.
National Historic Landmark
Located 8 miles south of Phenix City, Alabama. Take US Highway 431 South to Highway 165 South 5 miles. The Fort is adjacent to the National Cemetery.
Fort Mitchell, AL 36856
- Chattahoochee Indian Heritage Center – Fort Mitchell, AL
- National Veterans Cemetery – Fort Mitchell, AL
- National Infantry Museum – Fort Benning, GA
- Columbus Museum – Columbus, GA
- Eufaula Tour of Historic Homes – Eufaula, AL
- Westville 1850’s Village – Westville, GA
- Port Columbus Naval Museum – Columbus, GA